Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Meet Balu(in his MBA days)....the narrator

My day starts at 8 in the morning and ends at 4…... again in the morning. A sleep which was legendary back in my engineering College is mysteriously missing from my dictionary here in MBA College. I have realized it the hard way that it is tough getting into a top MBA college, but tougher to get out of it. Professors start fuming and my batch mates laughing when I come out with my case analysis or try to find sense in MBA theories. Quizzes, assignments, presentations have replaced Roti, kapda, makaan from my most important things list. Though specializing in Finance apart from Marketing, Balance sheets & Cash flow statements rob me even of the precious 4 hours of sleep I get. Girls keep flocking around me only in dreams. I sometimes wonder who will pay me a fortune to manage accounts when I am hardly able to manage my monthly expenses!! Two places you can find me: either snoring away at the last bench or checking out food items at panditji’s dhaba.

14 comments:

Saanjh said...

(chuckle..chuckle) can identify with it quite some extent..me gonna enter 2nd yr of my yembeeyay .. it does suck out the good times from life, but it gives back amazing times in weird situations too .. dontcha agree ??

Pranay said...

hmm.. interesting to have a first hand experience from a person sitting right inside an MBA college.. m and engineer myself, stepping into d job scene this yr.. many of my friends bv been preparing for mba... will give them ur blog link! :P
anyws.. keep writing.. i see a maturity in ur writing.. keep it up..

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandeep Balan said...

@saanjh: those weird situations are what has brought me down to blogging sweta...n a chance to relive those experiences all over again with all the readers...

@pranay: Cant thank you enuf for spreading this blog of mine among ur friends...will try to live up to the maturity u have noticed...cheers!! hope ur friends find a parallel in all the accounts stated here when they get into a B-School....

@Priyanka: Ur comments are always encouraging yaar...right from the start of this journey...cheers!

Sid Dhar said...

Nicely done.
Though I have never been to any MBA school, I have had the sleepy experience you have mentioned in engineering school.
MBA is always touted as the dream degree u know, but nobody mentions the darker side of it. Thanks for presenting the story in a different perspective.
Also, Your style of writing is what great blogs are made up of.

Keep it up

pali tripathi said...

hilarious..i can so identify with almost all ur posts:-)

CRD said...

dang. im about to join an mba college in june second or 3rd week.

thnx for being a party pooper [:P]

keep posting

ARZ KIYA HAI said...

funny post :)

i was gonna do mba before marriage. fate had other plans, and im happy today :)

Piyush said...

Hello Balu.
Thats exactly the way it happens in MBA. Essentially in the initial phase, when sleep becomes more of a luxury

Anonymous said...

wat ya..wat is wrong wt u...itna koi padta hai kya Yem Bee Yae mein...hahahahah
anyways...very well & artistically written as usual....gd n keep it up...

xsystem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
xsystem said...

nice nice piece of humor ....

"Girls keep flocking around me only in my dreams."

Nice post.

One opinion....

I am really disappointed looking at the length of ur posts. I really browsed through them looking at the lenght. Was looking at the smallest post. This was the 1st one.

Thats it ...

nice humor none the less ....
P.S : Opinions are like ass holes.
Everyone has one.

Unknown said...

liked the sketch!!

check out mine>>
www.anuragarch.blogspot.com

poo said...

glad I read this post.. and finally able to make out u blog's name.. yem bee yae.. MBA) oh lord!
thanks so much...