Monday, June 2, 2008

Cubicle Dweller turns one today!

From lazing around the campus lawns choosing which lectures to attend to being in time for meetings and presentations…..From sporting “I-care-a-damn” attitude to learning corporate etiquettes….From being an irresponsible brat to being a responsible manager…. From being used to grab whatever met the eye in the canteen to learning the fine art of dining…. From asking friends for credit to being chased by banks for platinum credit cards…From playing GOD in campus to living the life of a mortal…. From being a lost carefree student to being an ideating cubicle dweller….Life has changed! I am more mature, more focused, more responsible now. The company treats me like a king and seems the best I could have got into. The creative juices flowing within my company is very conducive for my growth. Working hard and seeing my efforts getting translated into profits for the company gives me a high. I like this race towards the top for that glittering badge of “Success” but I loved the race towards the canteen to snatch the samosa which Pappu had just bought!!!

Life is all about a never quenching thirst. A toddler visualizes himself walking like his parents only to realize that it hurts when you fall. You visualize the day when you would be spending from the money you earn and not ask dad for it only to realize later the responsibility part that comes with the package. You visualize the day when you would be swiping your card after a grand treat to your friends only to realize later the distances that have crept because of the work schedules. You have money…bundles of it stacked away in the bank…..but none to spend it at! The touch therapy you were so used to from friends to erase the greatest of tensions have been replaced by the solace of their voices which seem as of a stranger coming from miles away. You have snacks in the canteen here inviting you to have a grab at them but no time to feel their taste. Life has become fast paced. You suddenly have the two criminals “responsibilities” and “duties” roaming free after they have obediently served their sentence to more than 20 years of rigorous imprisonment under section “Education”. This imprisonment varies from person to person on their ambitions and fate. Mine have just got free. Today they just celebrated their 1 year of freedom. The “Cubicle Dweller” just turned one!

(Thanx for the encouragement you all have provided by posting comments as soon as my posts go up and egging me to write everyday!!! This blog has taken up the lil free time i used to have post work which i used to spend before the idiot box....i have been getting anecodotes from readers where they tell me about something similar which happened with them/which they witnessed in college! That gave me an idea to let the world know of them from the eye's of Balu. So, if you feel like sharing any such incident, feel free to mail me the same and i will go ahead and weave a story around it where Balu will be the central character. The name of the contributor will also be highlighted. The usual goof-up's that are in pipeline would follow. Do mail me ur experience at sandeepbalan83@gmail.com .... Cheers and Keep Reading!!!)

12 comments:

Matangi Mawley said...

a good blog u ve here!

Anonymous said...

My first time here, I gues & good stuff you have got in here!! Cheers mate & Fuck education!!:p

Mischievous Spirit said...

awesome balan sir...gr8 job done as usual ;) hehe... its so well written that for a second i started thinking that this is what we gonna face too in coming years... we will really miss our college days isnt?? :)

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sid Dhar said...

two criminals “responsibilities” and “duties” roaming free after they have obediently served their sentence to more than 20 years of rigorous imprisonment under section “Education”

That are some serious Blogging Stuff. Are you considering full time Blogging? Go to Problogger if you do.

Awesome Dude, just awesome

Anonymous said...

Damn nice! Since this is my last year in college (BOOOOHOOOO) I will enjoy i to th emost..

But we always want what we dont have...WE want to grow up when we are kids and become kids when we grow up! THe secret , I feel is to enjoy each moment we are in and savour it to the maximum!! AND have NO Regrets

Kshitij Aggarwal said...

ha ha.. This reminds me of the tiring times that i have spent in my cubicle as a techie..

and gives me all the hope for times to come during mba.. esp in the snackshops..!!!

Piyush said...

very true. You know the satisfaction that you get from first swipe after getting in job is immense. At the same time one does miss the happier times spent in college life.
Good work done

Unknown said...

a very nice and well written blog with sentiments and humour!

Anonymous said...

senti stuff han... ;).. nevertheless keeping up to the style of urs n not dissappointing at all.. ;)

Divz said...

ohhh gosh...i felt as if u stole my words..how much ever we brag, MBA college was fun!!

WeirdISgooD said...

I felt pretty much the same and really darn miserable with my first job. Didn't help that it was only after college...and there's an MBA which i have to do. I just hope i really enjoy the 2 yrs ...that is like my beacon of hope :D

I like reading your blog... good going :)