Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One lifetime is not enough!!


“I am grateful to you to have made me feel the divine, magical wonder that is, love. It is this emotion that so many out there pine to feel, to understand, to know. So many souls still have an utmost desire to fall in love once, at least once. Thanks for making me feel blessed Sonu. It is these memories that I will treasure forever”, Aparna was looking straight into his eyes. Her eyes shined, tears streaming down her round face.

For him, she had always been his bubbly little angel. An angel who could never fake her emotions. An angel whose giggles made him crazy and happy. And today he had no control over her tears. He had vowed never to make her shed these tears, unless they were tears of happiness. But today, he let her be. These tears were an outlet to her frustrations and helplessness. Tears which had accumulated since the day her parents broke the news of their plans for her marriage. Tears which screamed of her inability to convince her parents. Tears which had repent written all over for her frustrating past which had squashed her dreams of a carefree future. Tears which spoke volumes of her unconditional love and desire for him. Tears which had “her” and “him” and the dream castles they had weaved together written all over.

Sonu hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead. He was fighting back his tears. He could not afford to break down and make her feel worse. He gently stroked her hair and pulled her close to his chest. Wiping away the tears, he whispered into her ears, “Appu. I love you. Nothing can change that. No force can. Ever!! Love is never a fault. It is a gift only the blessed soul’s experience. Love is an emotion which devours everything. It’s about discovering a whole new side of us which we never knew existed. It’s about leaving behind a part of “me” in you and taking a part of “you” with me. These worldly ties may stop us from physically uniting and living this bliss. But no tie can ever take away that part of “me” which lives in you. No one can strangulate the “me” in you and the “you” in me.

Who says I will not be with you dear? Who says we won’t be able to see each other? Who says we won’t be able to love each other? Who says I won’t be able to touch you? I could. I can. I always will. Whenever I will look at the moon, I will see your reflection there. Because I know you would be looking at it to see mine. The moon will act as my mirror to see you. I don’t need to be physically present besides you to be able to bathe in your divine presence. Whenever I feel the breeze on my face, I can feel your touch. The birds chirping outside your window are my sweet dedications to you. The dog that so often crosses your path and follows you is me protecting you from the lurking dangers ahead. It is me keeping a watch protecting the most precious treasure I have. The cat which comes and cuddles close to your legs is me yearning for your touch. The winds, leaves and petals you touch when you reach out to touch me are my messengers. They keep me informed of your every emotion, your every frown, and your sweet nothings. The sleepless nights that you have is my soul talking to yours over the phone. The sound of the ceiling fan whirring is your giggles on my jokes. Your clothes’s sticking to your body because of the sweat is my way of hugging you. I am the rays of the sun that is touching you in a way only I can. When you see strangers greeting you with a smile, it is me wishing you good morning. When you pull that sheet over you before falling asleep, it is my way of kissing you good night.

Where can I ever go Appu? I am always there with you, besides you, for you. In every little thing you do. In your every decision. In your every smile. In your every tear. In your every joy. In your every step. Walking with my fingers entwined in yours. I am there wherever you are. Because from the moment I fell in love with you, I had ceased to be me. I was “you”. And there is no “you” without “me”. There can never be “me” without “you”. A lifetime is not enough for our love. Then why do you fear? Why do you cry? We are meant to be. We are soul mates. We are destined to meet. In every lifetime. We are his most precious creations. He wants us to learn lessons in each lifetime of ours. This lifetime we were destined to learn about pain and parting. Let’s go through this pain with the knowledge that we are there for each other. Let’s go through this pain knowing that we have met our soul mate who even death can’t snatch. Let’s go through this pain knowing that there will be a tomorrow which will belong to “us”. I love you. I am with you. Today….Tomorrow….Forever!”

19 comments:

Zendagi Migzara said...

Hi!!
This write-up is simply touching..

There is too much of pain, so subtly put.. I believe - in all those encouraging words that "he" told "her" requires a lot of strength from within.

M not sure whether this is practical in real life, to be plucked away from the person you are so madly in love with and still maintain sanity.. To see a part of you taken away and yet being able to hold on...

Was this a piece of imagination or your experience? Sorry if M crossing my boundaries..

Ruchi Agarwal said...

Balu!!! where is your practical side.... belive me i am feeling like to kick you hard after reading this....

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mysterious gal said...

u know u write magic right?
when u told ur upto some philosophy again i knew i m upto something beautiful...but didnt knew i wd be for something as beautiful....wow it just swept me off my feet....and made remember someone who once in my lifetime did tell me the same words :-(....but then life is practical wish such idealistic words cd make us practical forever....Love ya for this writeup magician ...keep writing :)

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for this 'Aparna' of yours.. poor thing or precisely put 'bechaari'

rest I have written as 'comment' at 'wl intro' for this one..

The Vitruvian Boy said...

wow....
lovely....!!!!

This guys Sonu is very inspiring.. :)

Wish him good luck...
I wish he proves that he can take Appu from this tough times into that phase of life where there would be only happiness... :)

SP said...

Sandeep, loved this too much, touching..felt the emotions, thank you.

Ashrita said...

Touching!

Me said...

Staring at the screen... and Mum...

"It’s about leaving behind a part of “me” in you and taking a part of “you” with me. " - touched me to the core.

It was a beautiful romantic story... I wonder did you actually feel what you wrote... it was so real..

Brilliant!!

Unknown said...

awww that was soo sweet..
loved it..

Mona said...

touching and beautiful... !! loved it!!!.. u always strike gold wen u handle human relations in ur posts sandeep...!! i look forward to such posts of yours because you actually weave magic with words...

(okay the dog and cat part was actually a bit funny..lol...sorrry!!)...

all in all it was a lovely read... seeya around... take care!!

Sashu... said...

touches a chord so deep!! nice one sandeep!!!

Legen------wait for it ------dary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Legen------wait for it ------dary said...

I see you had a target audience for this post .........gurls!!!!! mushy gurls to be precise ....

the only thing missing is a sad n mushy back ground music for this ..... oh wait ….I know a song real awesome ....... its called parachutes - coldplay ...its only 43 secs but is kool

Rashmi said...

This is a really nice post, nicely woven with beautiful words to make a story like a journey to be lived.
Happie writing!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww... this is simply touching...!!

Anonymous said...

But today, he let her be. These tears were an outlet to her frustrations and helplessness.


thanks for writing that !! coz we need to understand this .. as for the post, i tell u dude .. u make me want to fall in love again !! and thats a wonder coz i am still fresh with the pain !!


write on !!

kartoos said...

too good!

Swatee said...

Speechless and awestruck! Touched me to the core..loved it.